Nevada Attorney General Aaron Ford announced who will serve on the state’s Task Force on Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Law Policy.
Ford, who will chair the task force, named 10 other members, including Henderson Police Chief LaTesha Watson, Nevada Equal Rights Commission administrator Kara Jenkins, Boyd Law School professor Ann McGinley, and Culinary Union secretary-treasurer Geoconda Argüello-Kline.
“Every Nevadan deserves to be treated with respect in the workplace,” Ford said in a statement. “I look forward to working with Governor (Steve) Sisolak and the distinguished members of this Task Force who reflect a broad diversity of experience, expertise and opinion. With a focus on prevention, we are committed to developing actionable recommendations to address harassment and discrimination in the workplace.”
Sisolak’s first executive order as governor was the creation of the task force, whose duties include “a review of federal and state sexual harassment laws, regulations, and policies as well as prevention plans and trainings currently in place.”
All state agencies are expected to submit a report before March 1, which the task force will review.
Full committee list:
- Amanda Cuevas, LSW, MSW, Crisis Response and Intervention Supervisor, Safe Embrace
- Director Patrick Cates, Nevada Department of Administration
- Kara Jenkins, Administrator, Nevada Equal Rights Commission
- Professor Ann McGinley, Co-Director, Workplace Law Program at William S. Boyd School of Law
- LaTesha Watson, Chief of Police, Henderson Police Department
- Dr. Melissa Piasecki, M.D., Executive Associate Dean and Professor, UNR School of Medicine, Dept. of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Geoconda Argüello-Kline, Secretary-Treasurer, Culinary Union Local 226
- Patricia Lee, Partner, Hutchison & Steffen and Executive Board Member, Women’s Chamber of Commerce of Nevada
- Jan Morrison, Economic Development Officer, Northeastern NV Regional Development Authority
- Erin McMullen, Director of Governmental Affairs, Boyd Gaming Corporation